The post festive season can sometimes have us feeling “not quite our lightest”, and if you’re anything like me and love enjoying the joys of life (i.e food and drinks), which usually become a little more excessive over Christmas and New Years holidays, then you’re probably feeling a little sluggish too. Which is not the best thing when you’re trying to kick start that New Year resolutions list.
Thankfully my friend Mikkeline from All Things Aroha, took the time out to give us a few simple recipes to help inspire those healthy changes for 2021.
“It is my pleasure to offer these nourishing, healthy, quick and easy recipe inspirations for you to get started and inspired in eating some of our delicious foods.
“These recipes are a guide and helping hand to get your creative juices pumping if you are unsure of how to incorporate fermented and bush foods into your daily meals. There are a few everyday meal ideas as well as a special dessert treat and warming drink for you to experiment and have fun making, eating and sharing with others.
“Feel free to adapt these recipes as you like. Enjoy…” ~ Mikkeline, All Things Aroha
ABUNDANCE BOWL w/ ALOHA KIMCHI
- Aloha Kimchi
- Sweet Potato Noodles
- Enoki Mushrooms
- Toasted Sesame Seed Oil
- Pickled Ginger
- Toasted peanuts
- Ahi Fermented Chili Sauce
- Cook noodles drain and set aside
- Rinse mushrooms and set aside
- Marinate tempeh for 10 min in tamari and sesame seed oil then lightly fry until golden
Rinse kale, lightly dry and massage with sesame seed oil
- Pick your favourite bowl and get creative by combining ingredients as you wish, add garnishes and anything else your soul desires
VITALITY BOWL with KAHUNA KRAUT / BUSH KRAUT
- Kahuna Kraut or Bush Kraut
- Cooked Quinoa
- Toasted Walnuts
- Lettuce leaves
- Kale (prepare the same as Abundance bowl)
- Thinly sliced carrots
Pepper Berry and Tahini dressing:
- Unhulled tahini
- Tasmanian Pepper Berries (fine)
- Blend dressing ingredients in a bowl, as to your taste, adding or taking away anything you like.
- Place the other ingredients in a bowl and garnish as your heart desires, finishing by pouring on as much dressing to match the consistency and taste you love.
LEMON MYRTLE CREAMY PASTA SAUCE
- Cooked pasta of your choice
- Kale (rinsed, dried and massaged in a small amount of olive oil)
Chopped cherry tomatoes
- Ground Tasmanian pepperberries (garnish)
Lemon Myrtle cream sauce:
- Cashews soaked for about an hour and rinsed
- Onion & garlic
- Lemon Myrtle powder
- Nutritional yeast (optional)
- Filtered or spring water
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Olive oil
- Make the creamy Lemon Myrtle sauce by lightly sautéing the onion and garlic in a pan, blend the cashews and add to pan with water for desired consistency.
- Make the green dressing by whipping up the basil, lemon and oil.
- Place pasta in a bowl, layer with cream sauce and toss green dressing on top with tomatoes and kale.
- Lightly top with Tasmanian pepperberries
BUSH TUKKA VEGAN MOUSSE w/ LEMON MYRTLE CREAM
First layer ~ Vegan Mousse:
- Cacao powder
- Maple syrup
- Cinnamon Salt
Thoroughly blend all ingredients until smooth consistency and place in base of dessert dishSecond layer ~ Lemon Myrtle Cream:
- Cashew nuts
- Lemon Myrtle Powder
- Maple syrup
As above (thoroughly blend all ingredients for the second layer until a smooth consistency) and layer cream on top of base.
Make it pretty with these garnishes:
- Wattle Seed (finely crushed)
- Lemon Myrtle Powder
BUSH TURMERIC LATTE w/ TASMANIAN MOUNTAIN PEPPER
- Milk of choice
- Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
- Cinnamon powder 1/4 tsp
- Ginger powder 1/8 tsp
- Tasmanian pepperberries (ground) 1/16 tsp
- Sweetener of choice
- Mix all spices together in a bowl and set aside.
- Mix spices with a dash of milk
- Once spices are thoroughly mixed, whisk remaining milk into mixture and heat slowly on stove until the mixture begins to froth slightly
- Remove from heat, pour into your favourite cup along with your sweetener of choice and sit back, relax and enjoy
You can follow Mikelline and All Things Aroha on the socials, and don't forget to try some of her delicious fermented goodies. You won't be disappointed!!!
Mikkeline wears one of my favourite pieces from this summers collection, the light cotton/rayon blend Indra Jumpsuit in our 'Solomon' print ~ It's the most comfortable, fun and flattering jumpsuit ever!!! ~ BUY NOW!